UNIVERSITY OF SASKATCHEWAN
The University of Saskatchewan is located in the heart of Saskatoon along the beautiful South Saskatchewan River. Known as one of the most picturesque campuses in the country, the U of S offers 58 degrees, diplomas, and certificates in over 100 areas of study in 12 colleges and three interdisciplinary schools. There are nearly 20,000 students and about 7,000 staff and faculty working and studying on campus. At the U of S, the school is located in the Diefenbaker Building, which is situated on the river. Facilities include dedicated study space for students and the most spectacular view in Saskatoon.
Facts and Figures
U of S Resources
- Pre-Arrival Guide for International Students
- Arrival Guide for International Students
- Health coverage
- Money (NOTE: The closest bank to campus is the Royal Bank of Canada)
- Arrival and Settlement
- Course registration
- International Student and Study Abroad Centre
- Physical Activity Centre (PAC) features a triple-gymnasium, fitness centre, walk/jog track, climbing wall, dance studio, racquetball/squash courts, swimming pool, etc. U of S students can use their student ID cards to gain free access to the PAC.
- University of Saskatchewan map
Living in Saskatoon
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan's largest city, offers all the advantages of a large centre within a rich, natural, parkland setting. As one of Canada's sunniest cities, Saskatoon residents benefit from affordable housing, a low unemployment rate, over 400 acres of riverbank trails and parks, diverse arts and cultural amenities, and year-round festivities.
- The City of Saskatoon website contains information about Saskatoon's geographic location, population, climate, history, attractions, and amenities. It is a "must-see" for anyone who wishes to know more about living in Saskatoon!
- The Government of Saskatchewan website contains information regarding health services, government programs, and economic development. Check out the link to the Tourism Saskatchewan homepage and see all that the province has to offer to visitors and residents.
- Tourism Saskatoon has developed a really good 2013 Saskatoon Experience Guide containing information on various festivals and events, attractions, sports and recreational activities, and shopping and dining options available in the city. Click here for more information on dining in Saskatoon. Click here for information on Saskatoon nightlife.
- The website of The StarPhoenix, Saskatoon's daily newspaper, can help students look for off-campus accommodations through the Classifieds, find out about current events, or just learn more about what's going on in Saskatoon and Saskatchewan.
- Planet S magazine offers its readers a variety of news and opinion articles, as well as restaurant reviews, health, travel, and urban-living columns. It is available free city-wide every second Thursday.
- Saskatoon Public Schools
- Saskatoon Catholic Schools
- The Saskatoon Open Door Society was established to welcome and assist refugees and immigrants moving to Saskatoon.
- The Global Gathering Place (GGP) is a non-profit drop-in centre that provides services for immigrants and refugees in Saskatoon.
- The International Women of Saskatoon is a non-profit, grassroots equality-seeking women’s organization dedicated to assisting immigrant and refugee women and their families, residing in Saskatoon and area, through free programs and services designed to support their settlement and integration into their community.
- Saskatoon Recreational League.
- Meewasin Valley website features trail maps and such for the facilities along the Meewasin Valley, including River Landing facilities.
- Broadway District
- Wanuskewin Heritage Park is a national historic site. A Northern Plains Indians cultural interpretive centre located 5 kms north of Saskatoon.
- Western Development Museum
- Ukranian Museum of Canada
- Saskatoon Children's Discovery Museum (for families)
- Forestry Farm
- Mendal Art Gallery
- Maps - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan / Saskatchewan, Canada
For more information on the city of Saskatoon, please visit the following websites: