This certificate program provides students with a solid foundation of understanding and skills in public-sector management. Students will develop the ability to analyze governing institutions and the processes of modern government along with some of the basic skills and techniques required to manage effectively in the public sector. It may be of interest to individuals currently working in the public sector who do not have a background in administration and who want to improve their administrative and management skills.
This certificate is only offered through the University of Regina campus.
Students must complete (3 credit hrs)
Two of the following elective courses (6 credits hrs):
- JSGS 802 - Public Finance
- JSGS 807 - Statistics for Public Managers
- JSGS 808 - Ethical Leadership and Democracy in Public Service
- JSGS 815 - Strategic Human Resource Management
- JSGS 828 - Project Management
- JSGS 847 - Strategic Planning
- JSGS 853 - Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- JSGS 882 - Strategic Management in the Public Sector
Tuition for domestic students in the master's certificate programs offered at the University of Regina is approximately $3,944.25, plus mandatory graduate student fees and an international surcharge (if applicable).
Please note, tuition and fees are subject to change. Should there be a discrepancy between the information posted on the institution's website and information posted on the Johnson Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy website, the University of Regina website should be viewed as accurate.
For more information on the Public Management Certificate, please contact: