2011-12 STUDENT CASE COMPETITION
On Saturday, December 10, 2011, six Johnson-Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy teams comprised of students from the School’s two campuses competed in a case study competition held in Regina. These teams presented their case analysis to a distinguished panel of judges and three teams were selected to represent the JSGS at the first ever National JSGS Policy Case Competition on January 13, 2012 in Saskatoon.
- Carla Hale, MPA Candidate
- Oleksandra Kravets, MPA Candidate
- Travis Reynolds, MPP Candidate
- Khrystyna Orobets, MPA Candidate
- Rebecca Jules, MPP Candidate
- Mohammad Adel Panahi, MPA Candidate
- Wayne Zhu, MPA Candidate
- Obeyaa Ampofo-Addo, MPP Candidate
- Jinglan Zhang, MPA Candidate
We would also like to extend our appreciation to our panel of distinguished judges, who took time out of their busy schedules to help make this event a meaningful experience for all who attended:
- Dan Perrins, Executive-in-Residence, Johnson-Shoyama Graduate School
- Neil Robertson, Q.C., President, IPAC Saskatchewan
- Alan Syhlonyk, Assistant Deputy Minister, Ministry of Social Services
JSGS looks forward to welcoming teams from Carleton, Queen’s and Simon Fraser universities to the 2012 JSGS National Case Competition and Keynote Reception featuring Paul Wells, Senior Columnist for Maclean’s magazine.
This event would not be possible without the generous support of our event sponsors, SaskTel and Cameco.