To be eligible for these awards, students must:
- be conducting research related to Indigenous Health
- be conducting research that involves and benefits Indigenous communities. Given the current situation, students should include in their application how their Patient Engagement plan will consider COVID implications and factors.
- a trainee must be conducting patient-oriented research, in which "patients" can include patients, families, informal caregivers, people, and communities who have interactions with the healthcare system, as well as people who desire to live well.
- be registered at the University of Regina, First Nations University of Canada, University of Saskatchewan, or Saskatchewan Polytechnic student (Masters, PhD or PostDoc)
- have a minimum GPA of 75%
- be at any stage of your academic program, but must maintain a 75% GPA over the course of the award
- preference will be given to fully eligible Indigenous applicants (if applicable, supporting documentation will be required as proof of Indigeneity)
- students who are currently being paid with Tri-Council funding up to August 31, 2020, are not eligible for this funding
The values for each award are as follows:
- PhD: $30,000 for 1 year
- Master's: $20,000 for 1 year
- Post Doctoral Fellows: $70,000 for 1 year
*All awards have the possibility of being renewed for a second year (2 years total), but is not guaranteed.*
Full application and required documentation (including 2 reference letters) must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 14, in order to be considered.