This certificate program provides students with a good understanding of the complex issues that will be encountered by those managing health systems in today’s changing health care organizations. It will be of interest either to those currently working in health care administration or to those who want to move into health care administration.
All of the following courses are available online, creating the possibility to complete the Health Systems Management Certificate through distance learning.
This certificate is administered through the University of Regina campus.
Students must complete (3 credit hours):
Two of the following elective courses (6 credits hrs):
- JSGS 812 - Aboriginal Health Policy
- JSGS 814 - Biostatistics for Public Health
- JSGS 817 - Health Policy
- JSGS 823 - Health Promotion
- JSGS 824 - Health Program Planning and Evaluation
- JSGS 826 - Human Resource Management in Healthcare
- JSGS 829 - Decision Making in Health Care Oganizations
- JSGS 832 - Population-Based Management
- JSGS 833 - Performance Measurement in Health Care Organizations
- JSGS 834 - Financial Management in Health Care Organizations
- JSGS 837 - Health Economics
- JSGS 841 - Health Law and Policy
Applicants interested in this program must have completed a four-year undergraduate degree with a minimum overall GPA of 70 per cent. There is also a mid-career option for admission, through which prospective students with at least five years of government or non-profit organization management experience may be admitted without an undergraduate degree.
For all new students enrolled in the Health Systems Management master's certificate for September 2018, tuition for the 9-credit program is approximately $7,110. Please note that all students must also pay a mandatory graduate student fee, as well as an international surcharge (if applicable).
Please note, tuition and fees are subject to change. Should there be a discrepancy between the information posted on the institution's website and information posted on the Johnson Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy website, the University of Regina website should be viewed as accurate.
For more information on the Health Systems Management Certificate, please contact: