About the JSGS-SA
What does the JSGS-SA do?
While much goes on behind the scenes, the JSGS-SA's most recognizable activities are its social and professional development events. These include networking events such as the annual ‘Wine and Cheese’ in Regina, community outreach and volunteer activities such as food drives, and social events such as trivia or bowling.
What does JSGS-SA look like?
The JSGS-SA operates as one group representing the interests of students on both campuses. The JSGS-SA Executive is made up of representatives from both the U of R and USask campuses.
How can you get involved?
The JSGS-SA has a core executive group, which consists of the President, two Vice Presidents, the Secretary, the Treasurer, the Assistant Treasurer, the Social Events Director, and the Communications Director. These members are nominated and elected in early April. The official transition between administrations starts in late April. Role descriptions will be provided prior to the election.
In addition to the core executive group, the JSGS-SA has also defined a number of key roles where you can get involved. These “lighter options” positions include membership on key committees, such as the EDI Representative.
Interested in helping but not wanting a formal role? The JSGS-SA encourages you to volunteer at any point throughout the year as a “member-at-large”. You’re welcome from the first to the last day of your program, and any duration in between.
- President (U of R) - Kezia-Grace Macbruce
- Vice-President (USask) - Heather Barlow
- Vice-President (U of R) - Reed Langen
- Treasurer (U of R) - Dharti Parekh
- Assistant Treasurer (USask) - Carlene Shaw
- Secretary (U of R) - Xiaona Xu
- Social Events Director (USask) - Eylin Jorge Coto
- Social Events Director (U of R) - Dina Nurzhigitova
- Communications Director (USask) - Candice Minott
- Student Representative for the JSGS Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Committee – Avery Kewistep
- Members-at-large – Pending update
|Kezia-Grace Macbruce, President (U of R)||Heather Barlow, Vice-President (USask)||Reed Langen, Vice-President (U of R)||Dharti Parekh, Treasurer (U of R)|
|Carlene Shaw, Assistant Treasurer (USask)||Xiaona Xu, Secretary (U of R)||Eylin Jorge Coto, Social Event Director (USask)||Dina Nurzhigitova, Social Event Director (U of R)|
|Candice Minott, Communications Director (USask)||Avery Kewistep, EDI Representative|