The Social Network Laboratory (SNL), one of eight component laboratories of the Social Sciences Research Laboratories at the University of Saskatchewan, provides support and resources to researchers in conducting social network analysis and interpretation.
For a comprehensive inventory of the SSRL's facilities and services, please download or print its general brochure.
- A 6 computer station lab equipped with a printer and a scanner.
- Laptops and iPads that can be signed out to assist with onsite or mobile data collection.
- Development of research proposals using social network analysis.
- Support in the identification, creation or collection of relational data (i.e., questionnaires, interviews, direct observation, archival material).
- Recruitment of participants for social network analysis studies through EKOS Research Associates or AskingCanadians.
- Custom programming, data queries, quantitative analysis (using SPSS, Stata or R) and reporting services.
- Creation of social network models and visualizations using RSienna, Pajek, Gephi, UCINet or NetDraw.