CSIP Research Forum - Light Pollution and Light Abatement: Innovative Approaches to Turning Off the Metaphorical Tap
PRESENTED BY: Kevin Fenwick, JSGS Executive-in-Residence
Light pollution takes a back seat to many other pollution issues facing the world today. When discussed, it is usually in terms of saving energy, but light pollution is a serious health issue for humans, birds, animals and plants. Some energy-saving innovations with respect to lighting have actually increased the amount of harmful light released into the environment. This discussion will examine innovative ways we can encourage light abatement and still support safe and energy-efficient communities.
Date: Wednesday, October 23
Time: 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
U of R Location: CB308, College Avenue Campus
U of S Location: Canada Room, 101 Diefenbaker Building
The Centre for the Study of Science and Innovation Policy (CSIP) invites all students, faculty and researchers interested in the study of science, technology and innovation policy to participate in a bi-weekly research forum.
Nuclear Facts 2019 Peer-to-Peer Forum
NuclearFACTS Peer-to-Peer Forum brings together supported project leaders to showcase their research to peers and members of the nuclear research community and to receive feedback on their project impacts and highlights. A seminar on submitting project proposals will follow the forum.
- Dr. Chris Phenix - Reversible Ligands as PET Radiotracers for Imaging Glucocerebrosidasae
- Dr. Eric Price - Multi-Centre Development of Solid Targetry for the Cyclotron Production of Gallium-68, Scandium-43 and -44, Zirconium-89 and Technetium -99m
- Dr. Humphrey Fonge- Production, processing and evaluation of pharmaceutical-grade 225Ac and 67Cu for cancer theranostics
- Dr. Ekaterina Dadachova - Combination of immunotherapy and radioimmunotherapy for treatment of metastatic melanoma
- Dr. Steve Siciliano - Positronic Detection of Iron Reducing, Ammonia Oxidizing Microorganisms
Following researcher presentations, a seminar on submitting project proposals will be held.
Hosted by the Sylvia Fedoruk Canadian Centre for Nuclear Innovation (Fedoruk Centre) and the Centre for the Study of Science and Innovation Policy (CSIP)
Date: October 9, 2019
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Location: Innovation Place, Saskatoon SK