The Survey and Group Analysis Laboratory (SGAL), one of eight component laboratories of the Social Sciences Research Laboratories at the University of Saskatchewan, supports researchers in conducting telephone, online and mixed-mode surveys.
For a comprehensive inventory of the SSRL's facilities and services, please download or print its general brochure.
- A 20 seat telephone survey lab equipped with Sawtooth Technologies' WinCATI Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing (CATI) software. (The telephone survey lab may be expanded to 43 stations to accommodate large studies.)
- Laptops and iPads that can be signed out to assist with onsite or mobile data collection.
- Development of research proposals using quantitative and survey research methodologies.
- Assistance with the creation and refinement of survey tools (questionnaires) and methods.
- Complete telephone or online survey administration and oversight – surveying in multiple languages is available.
- Recruitment of participants for online surveys through EKOS Research Associates or AskingCanadians to obtain representative survey samples.
- Quantitative analysis (using SPSS, Stata or R) and reporting services.
- Custom training using Voxco Online Survey Software.
- Provision of Voxco Online Survey Software licenses (Voxco is a Canadian company that features Canadian data hosting) – subject to availability.
Room 277 Arts Building
University of Saskatchewan
9 Campus Drive