Covid has accelerated the prominence of online education. Its impacts raise questions related to the future of online learning at Saskatchewan universities. For our next OnEd session, we will hear from leaders in university administration and education discussing tough questions facing online education.
- How do we prepare for uncertainly while serving diverse student needs?
- Is this the time to significantly reduce the administrative workforce related to online education?
- Instead of Canadian universities competing for online students, should we consider collaboration?
- How will the role of in-person university education change in a world increasingly filled with online educational opportunities?
- What are some ideas for new business models for online university education in Saskatchewan?
- Dr. Ken Coates, Canada Research Chair in Regional Innovation and Professor, Johnson Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy
- Dr. Louise Greenberg, Executive-in-Residence, Johnson Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy, and former Deputy Minister of Advanced Education, Government of Saskatchewan (2012-2017)
- Dr. Nancy Turner, Director, Teaching and Learning Enhancement, University of Saskatchewan
About the OnEd Network
The Online Education (OnEd) Network is a group of experts—and aspiring experts—working towards creating top-notch online courses for the university community. New technologies, approaches, and methods for online learning are continually changing how courses and programs can be taught. This OnEd monthly workshop series is part of a network at the University of Saskatchewan, University of Regina, and beyond. Our mission is to build capacity for online course development and create a network of faculty, instructional designers, and support staff that foster a collegial environment of motivated experts that develops excellence, best practices, and strategies in online programming and teaching.
- Delivered by Zoom - https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88636212785?pwd=MUFKN2hkZHpLV0QvZFYwWHU2UGJhUT09
- Download the OnEd workshop poster