JSGSAA Mentorship Program
The JSGS Alumni Association (JSGSAA) Mentorship Program pairs current Master of Public Administration and Master of Governance and Entrepreneurship in Northern and Indigenous Areas students (mentees) with JSGS alumni volunteers (mentors) who are currently working or have worked in the public sector.
The program also provides JSGS alumni (mentors) with an opportunity to:
- Enhance their leadership skills and build experience in mentee development;
- Give back to the JSGS community by contributing to the development of future policy leads;
- Self-reflect and gain personal satisfaction;
- Be recognized for your volunteer work by your peers and the JSGS community ;
- Build networks and relationships with other alumni mentors across Canada; and
- Gain valuable insight, perspective, and knowledge on what students are engaging in within the classroom.
“Helping develop that new group and seeing them move from students to mentees to senior-level professionals is a very rewarding experience because you’ve played a small role in that.”
Jeff Bassendowski (MPA’10)
Volunteer as a mentor
The mentorship program runs from October – April annually. Mentors should have 1-2 hours a month available to meet with their mentees. Volunteers can be located anywhere as the program is offered online, with in-person meetings at the mentor/mentee’s discretion if desired.
Program resources are provided and include a program launch session, webinars and workshops, and discussion topics for mentorship meetings.
Interested in volunteering? Submit the below form and a representative will be in touch.